Buena High School’s music department has released its second volume of the “Not-So-Silent-Night” soundtrack, where many students were given the opportunity to audition and sing multiple winter-related songs that will be put onto a CD and a digital copy on iTunes.
Choir teacher Kevin Downey said, “I am extremely excited for this album!” He continued, “It has been an honor working with such talented students, and it is truly a unique blessing for our students to experience the recording process and have their artistry shared with the whole world on professional platforms.”
This year’s soundtrack will include:
- “Santa Baby” by sophomore Gwen Armstrong
- “White Christmas” by seniors Sam Votrian and Frankie Lombardo
- “O Holy Night” by the choir
- “Christmas time is Here” by seniors Yifan Lei, Matthew Ryan, and Melanie Bograd
- “Let it Snow” by senior Kellin Ashley
- “I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day” by senior Kiersten Torres, Angelika Garcia, Christian Arevalo, and Jonathan Merete.
- “Hallelujah” by senior Jenny Yoon
- “Light One Candle” by the choir and featuring the Briar Rose Ramblers.
- “Silent Night” by the choir
- “Winter” by Emily Bradvica
While finding which songs to include on the soundtrack, Downey let the students who auditioned help choose which songs.
According to Downey, this year’s soundtrack was different from last year. The only duplicate is “O Holy Night,” which was sung by the choir; last year the music department did a piano solo. The soundtrack also features more jazz tracks, whereas last year there were mostly guitar tracks.
Watch for more details on how to purchase the soundtrack, coming soon.